- Mutton – ½ kg
- Potatoes – ½ kg
- Tomatoes – 3 medium
- Onion – 2
- Green chillies – 6
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Yogurt – 125g
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Fresh coriander – as required
- Salt – to taste
5 green cardamoms, 10 black peppers, 4 big cardamoms, 3 longs, 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks, ½ tsp cumin seeds.
- Take a pan, put oil and chopped onion and fry until it is pink, then put whole spices and fry until the onion’s colour changes to brown, then add ginger garlic paste and fry.
- After 3 minutes put mutton and fry well.
- When the mutton’s colour turns white, then put chopped tomatoes and cover and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- When the tomatoes have mixed well, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt, also add lightly blended yogurt and mix well.
- Fry a little then add water and let it cook until the mutton is tender.
- Now add potatoes and again cook until the potatoes are done.
- Now garnish with green chillies and fresh coriander and serve.