Aaloo shimla mirch, Potato-Capsicum (Green Peppers)
• 1 Green pepper (capsicum)
• 2 Potatoes medium size
• 1/2 Onion finely chopped
• 1 Tbsp green peas
• 1 Green chilli, finely chopped
• 1 small piece Ginger, grated
• 1/2 cup Coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
• 1 tsp Fresh lime juice
• 1 Tbspn Fat free yogurt
• 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
• 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
• 1/4 tsp garam masala
• 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
• 1/4 tsp amchoor (dried mango) powder
• salt to taste
• 8-10 raisins/cashew nuts
• 2 tsp Canola/Olive Oil
1. Wash the potatoes and boil in water till tender. Cut the potatoes in small pieces. Cut the pepper into pieces, of the size of potato pieces.
2. Add about 4 tsp water to yogurt and mix all the spices in it. Stir well to make a paste.
3. Heat a nonsticking frying pan and put oil. When the oil start smoking, put the yogurt paste in the pan and cook on medium heat (stir frequently) until oil separates and a mesh type texture results (it takes about 5-7 minutes).
4. Add ginger, green chillies and onion to step 3 and stir for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add potato pieces, capsicum pieces, peas; pour 1 Tbsp water and mix well. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve with roti, chapatti, bread, etc. or use for burgers.