Kheer is usually prepared using milk, rice, sugar, and Khoya, but Akhrot ki Kheer will give you a unique taste because of walnuts. Walnuts should be an important part of our diets because they help keep our bones strong, along with several other health benefits.
Akhrot ki Kheer
- Milk – 2 litres
- Rice – 100g soaked for 4 to 5 hours
- Sugar – 150g
- Green cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ground walnuts – 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 100g
- Kewra water – 1 tsp
- Chopped walnuts – 2 tbsp
- Almonds (sliced) – 2 tbsp
- Silver paper – 1
- Take a pan, add milk and bring to boil.
- Then add rice and cook until rice is tender.
- Then add sugar, cardamom powder and ground cooked walnuts and cook until milk reduces and thickens.
- Then add coconut and kewra water, and cook for 5 minutes.
- When it cools down, garnish with almonds and serve.