Aslam Road ki Biryani Recipe by Shireen Anwar
Accurate recipe taken from video on pakladies.
Aslam Road ki Biryani Recipe by Shireen Anwar is a famous place in Karachi that it is named after. It’s spicy, delicious and easy to make, especially during Ramadan or for Eid.
- Chicken – 1 kg cut into 16 pieces
- Red chili powder – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Any brand of biryani masala – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Roasted and crushed cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Orange food color- 1 pinch
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Yogurt – ½ kg
Mix all above ingredients and marinate chicken for half an hour.
- Boiled rice – 750 gm (half done with salt)
- Green chilies – 6
- Potatoes – 3 cut in thick slices
- Tomatoes sliced – 3 medium
- Black cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 3
- Black pepper whole – 8
- Chopped coriander leaves – ½ bunch
- Chopped mint leaves – 1/4 bunch
- Oil – ½ cup
- Take a large cooking pan spread potatoes slices on base, top with marinated chicken, tomato slices, big cardamoms, cloves, black pepper and green chillies.
- Then pour oil, chopped coriander, mint leaves, boiled rice and 2 tbsp of oil on top.
- Now put the skillet on fire and place this prepared pan on skillet, cover and cook on high flame for 7 minutes, then simmer for 35 minutes till rice is done.