Badami Gosht Recipe
- 5 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon cardamom seeds
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves ,crushed
- 1 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 lb lean lamb, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup yogurt (plain)
- 1 tsp saffron threads, soaked in 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 dried red chillies
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan. Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and fry for 1 minute. Add onion, sauté until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and ginger and fry for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add lamb cubes and fry until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt, saffron mixture, salt and chilli powder together and add to lamb cubes.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Grind almonds with enough water to form a thick paste.
- Add paste and whole chillies to lamb cubes, stir well to mix paste with gravy.
- Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add coconut milk, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until lamb is cooked through and tender.
- Uncover the pan for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Transfer to a warmed dish and serve at once.