Badaun ke Pede are famous throughout world, though it originated from Lucknow, India. Badaun or Badayun is a city in the north-central Uttar Pradeshstate of northern India. According to famous historians, it was named after Ahir prince Budh. Badaun comes under upper doab of Gangatic plains. On a personal level and having tasted the famous Pedas from Badaun I recall with pleasure, this delicious mithai which any family or visitors coming from Badaun always carried with them.
Badaun ke Pede
- Khoya – 250g
- Kewra water – 1/2 tsp
- Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 50g
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Brown food color – 1 pinch
- Take a wok, add khoya, cardamom powder and kewra water.
- Fry well.
- Then add sugar, along with brown color and cook until sugar is dissolved completely.
- Take off the stove, cool a little bit and add ghee.
- Then make small balls, roll in ground sugar.
- Garnish with almonds and serve with tea.