BAKED BEANS ON TOAST
Tomato flavoured kidney beans sautéed with fresh herbs and served on toast.
Servings : 4
Brown bread 4 slices
Baked beans 1
Onions 2 medium
Green capsicum 1 medium
Butter 2 tablespoons
Garlic, sliced 6 cloves
Red chilli flakes 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli sauce 1 tablespoon
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped 3 tablespoons
Fresh parsley a few sprigs
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Finely chop one onion and cut the other into rings. Separate the rings. Finely chop half a green capsicum and cut the rest into small triangles.
3. Cut the brown bread slices with a cutter into smaller pieces. Place them on a baking tray and toast in the oven till crisp.
4. Heat butter in a pan, add garlic and chopped onion and sauté till transluscent. Add red chilli flakes and stir.
5. Add chopped green capsicum and stir. Add red chilli sauce and stir. Add baked beans and stir till well mixed.
6. Turn the bread pieces and toast for two more minutes. Take them out of the oven and place them on a serving plate.
7. Add coriander leaves to the baked beans and stir.
8. Place a little of the topping mixture on each of the bread piece.
9. Cut each onion ring into four pieces and place them on some of the toasts in a cross shape. Keep the green capsicum triangles on the remaining toasts.
10. Garnish them all with a parsley leaf and serve immediately.