Banana Split Oat Bran Pancakes
“These oat-bran pancakes are garnished with the tasty toppings of an old-fashioned banana split!”
- Oat bran hot cereal, uncooked – 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Sugar and blend for baking – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Bananas, sliced and divided – 4
- Reduced fat milk – 1 cup
- Large egg – 1
- Original No-Stick Cooking Spray – as required
- Strawberry Jam – 1/2 cup
- Hot Fudge Microwaveable Ice Cream Topping – as required
- Combine oat bran, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Mash two ripe bananas; combine with milk and egg. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture stirring until the ingredients are just combined.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray surface with a no-stick spray. Pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto hot surface. Cook until bubbly; turn and cook remaining side until golden brown.
- Melt preserves in a small microwave safe bowl; cook on HIGH for 15 seconds. Stir. Serve pancakes topped with sliced bananas, drizzled strawberry preserves and hot fudge; dollop with whipped topping.
Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
This French classic will make all your desserts unforgettable!
Preparation Time: Less than 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 to 10 minutes
- 4 squares Unsweetened Baking Chocolate (or use your favorite dark chocolate bar with 70% cocoa content.)
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 10 oz. Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
How to Make It:
1. Break chocolate into pieces.
2. Put all ingredients in a pot and let melt over a low heat in a bain-marie (double-boiler). Make sure that the water in the bain-marie never boils. Stir constantly until the sauce has the thickness of a pudding.
3. Let cool slightly, and serve!!!!