Make beaded pillows with this easy tutorial. and bring a ray of warmth to any room of the house with this cheerful toss pillow.
What You Need:
• 60 inches of cream silk beading cord; needle
• 48–dark red bicone glass beads
• 20–6 mm orange miracle beads
• 48–dark golden bicone glass beads
• 30-40 seed beads
• 3–4 mm golden bugle beads
• 24–6 mm golden miracle beads
• 12-inch square pillow; yellow sewing thread
• 3–3 mm crimp beads; glue, such as E6000
• 9–12 decorative beads in orange and red
- 1. Using silk beading cord bead as follows: 1–red bicone bead 1–orange miracle bead 1–golden bicone bead 2–seed beads 1–red bicone bead 1–golden miracle bead 1–golden bicone bead 3–seed beads Repeat pattern until 44 inches long.
- 2. Sew beads to the top lip of the pillow, starting with a red bicone bead in the corner. Using yellow sewing thread attach the string to all pillow sides, tacking every inch.
- 3. For tassel, cut a 4-inch piece of cord. Crimp a bead on the end. Bead as follows: 1–golden bugle bead 1–orange miracle bead 1–large orange decorative bead 1–clear red bead 1–large golden bicone bead 1–large red bicone bead
- 4. Cut a 6-inch piece of thread. Crimp the bottom. Bead as follows: 1–golden bugle bead 1–large orange bead 1–oblong clear red bead 1–orange miracle bead 1–large golden bicone 1–orange miracle bead 1–red bicone bead
- 5. Repeat with a 4-inch piece of thread. Bead as follows: 1 medium clear red glass bead 1 large orange decorative bead 1 large clear red bead 1 large golden bicone bead
- 6. Knot each tassel to a corner of the pillow. Use a dab of glue to attach other beads to the top of the tassel as desired.