Beef Nihari Recipe: English – Urdu |
Beef Nihari Recipe
- Beef shank – ½ kg cut into small pieces
- Bones – 2
- Oil or ghee – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Chapatti flour – 1 cup
- Dry ginger – 1 piece
- Fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Onion – 2
- Muslin cloth – 1 piece (in cloth add dry ginger and fennel seeds and tied them loosely and make porli)
- Green coriander – as required
- Green chilli and ginger flaks – as required
- Heat the ghee in a pan; add the sliced onion fry on medium heat until light pink.
- Add the lamb and muslin cloth potli, and fry until water dries.
- Now mix ginger garlic paste in ½ cup of water and add in beef, fry for 3 minutes, then put red chilli powder and fry until ginger garlic water dries.
- Then add salt and 1 ½ jug of water. Cook on medium heat till the liquid has evaporated. Then reduce the heat and let it cook till beef done.
- Then remove potli from beef and add flour mixture gradually, keep stirring.
- Now add garam masala (mix in some water), and put on dum for 6 minutes.
- When done, serve after 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green coriander, green chillies and ginger flakes.