We don’t always have the time, money or inclination to spend hours on our looks, but as you’ll see below, there are plenty of ways to look good while also saving money on makeup and skincare. check out best budget beauty tips below and save money.
Best Budget Beauty Tips
- Dip dried-up mascara in a glass of warm water to bring it back to life.
- To boost the shine of dark hair, rinse it with diluted vinegar. Blonde hair benefits from lemon juice. Both acts by sealing down the outer cuticles of the hair, and will help your hair reflect the light more effectively.
- Swap shop bought face scrubs for a handful of oatmeal massaged directly onto your skin – it works really well.
- Turn lipstick into lip gloss, apply a coat of lip balm after applying lipstick.
- Eye shadow doubles up as eyeliner, if applied eye shadow with a cotton bud (swab). Damp the end of the bud first for a more dramatic effect.
- A drop of live oil rubbed nightly into your nails will help them grow long and strong and is cheaper than shop-bought manicure oils.
- For last longer eye shadows and stay crease-free by dusting eyelids with translucent powder first. It will absorb the oils from your skin, and keep your
make up fresh.
- To dry nail polish in a hurry, spray nails with pam oil spray.
- Use witch hazel instead of toner or astringent. No need to dilute use full strength. You can also rinse your face with a splash of apple cider vinegar after cleansing, it balances out the ph of your skin.
- Add a few drops of your favorite eau de toilette in olive oil, and use as scented bath oil as a cheap treats. Olive oil can also be added to bath water for a skin softener.