Bhuna balti chicken by shireen anwer. It is served in restaurants throughout the United Kingdom, and the consensus appears to be that the term refers to the pot in which the curry is cooked. There are several theories regarding the origin of Balti and balti-style dishes. Some believe it was invented in
Birmingham, England, while others believe it originated in northern Pakistan in the region called Baltistan.
Bhuna Balti Chicken by Shireen Anwer
- Chicken – 1 kg
Yogurt – ½ cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red chili powder – 1½ tsp
Salt – 1½ tsp
Tomato puree – 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Thinly chopped onion – 2
Oil – ½ cup
Green chili – 4
Fresh coriander – 4 tbsp
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Ginger flakes – 1 tbsp
- Take a pan; add oil and fry onion until golden brown.
- Then add chicken and ginger garlic paste, fry well.
- Then add salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder and mix well, cover and cook on medium heat until chicken is half tender.
- Then add lightly beaten yogurt and tomato puree, bring to boil, keep stiring.
- Now cover and let it cook until chicken is fully tender.
- At the end add garam masala powder, lemon juice, green chili, fresh coriander and ginger flakes.
- Serve with tandori nan or roghni nan.