Shared By: Marium Hamid, Arksansas (USA)
Biryani Badshahi Recipe
- Mutton – 1/2 kg
- 250 gms Rice boiled
- 311/2 tblsp Lemon Juice
- 10 blanched Almonds (Badam)
- 1/2 tblsp Mint Leaves (Pudina Leaves)
- 1 cups Butter
- 1 handfuls chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- 1/2 tblsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 2 large sliced Onion (Kanda Pyaaz)
- 2 Brown Cardamom (Elaichi Moti)
- 1 tblsp Oil
- 4 pods Garlic (Lasun)
- 2 Cloves (Lavang)
- 1 ” long piece Ginger (Adrak)
- 1/2 tblsp Saffron (Kesar)
- 1/2 tblsp Green Chilly (Hari Mirch) chopped
- 1/2 tblsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirchi)
- 1/2 ” Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
- 1/2 kg Curd (Dahi)
- 125 ml Milk
- 3 cups Water
- First wash and soak rice. Then fry sliced onions to a golden brown color.
- Soak saffron in water. Now grind ginger, red chillies, garlic and almonds and fry these in butter.
- Add it to the mutton and salt and stir for 5 minutes.
- Now add water and cook on low flame till meat becomes tender and about 1 cup of gravy is left.
- Boil rice with salt in another pan.
- Put curd into a piece of muslin cloth and let the water drain away.
- Add cloves, cardamoms, cumin seed, mint leaves, chopped chillies and coriander in drained curd.
- Strain the saffron water and add lemon juice.
- Add all this to mutton. Sprinkle half of the boiled rice over the mutton and then spread a layer of fried onion and then of rice again.
- Now pour milk and some butter and cover the vessel.
- Seal the edges of the pan with flour paste.
- Place the can on flame for one hour.
- Serve it very hot with some curry.