Cardamom and Pistachio Ice Cream (4 servings) | Pak Ladies
Cardamom and Pistachio Ice Cream (4 servings)
Cardamom and Pistachio Ice Cream
- 4 oz (120 g) granulated or caster sugar
- 4 fl oz (110 ml) water
- 3/4 pint (420 ml) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 oz (50 g) shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1/4 pint (150 ml) whipping cream
- Put sugar and water into a heavy saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Raise the heat and boil the syrup for 5 minutes.
- Set it aside to cool, and then stir in the evaporated milk, cardamom, pistachio nuts and lightly whipped cream.
- Freeze in a freezer, vigorously whisking the partially frozen ice at least once during the freezing process.