Channa Daal Chicken Recipe by Shireen Anwar
Make your delicious daal chicken with this easy and quick Channa Daal Chicken Recipe by Shireen Anwar and serve with naan.
- Chicken – 1 kg (cut into 16 pieces)
- Boiled chaana daal – 2 cups
- Tomatoes – 2 (blended)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Dry coriander powder – 1½ tsp
- Crushed black pepper – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1½ tsp
- Oil – ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Onion – thinly sliced
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chilies – 2
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp chopped
- First of all, blend tomatoes and turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, black pepper, garam masala powder and salt, mix and set aside.
- Now heat up ½ cup oil add ginger garlic paste along with chicken and fry until chicken turns into white.
- Then add tomato mixture, fry for 5 minutes, cover and cook for 10 minutes in the gravy of tomatoes.
- Now add some water, cover and cook until chicken is tender.
- Then add boiled daal, fry well.
- Then cover and cook until daal and chicken are tender.
- Now add yogurt and fry well.
- Finally fry onion in a separate pan until golden brown, then add cumin seeds and pour on cooked daal chicken.
- Garnish with green chili and fresh coriander, serve with tandori naan or chapatties.
Also try this:
Chicken Chana Masala
Easy Naan Recipe