Hmm!!! delicious korma….
- 1.kg Chicken breast or mini breast fillets
- 1 heaped tablespoon of finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 150g thick (plain) yogurt
- 1 dried red chilli
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp ghee or veg. oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 75g creamed coconut
- salt, to taste
- 2 heaped tbsps ground almonds
- finely chopped Coriander Leaves, to garnish
- juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Cut the chicken breasts into bite sized chunks
2. Mix the chicken with the ginger, garlic and yogurt. Cover and marinade for 12 hours or in the fridge overnight.
3. Liquidise the chopped onion and red chillies, add a little water if you need to. blend til smooth.
4. Heat the ghee/oil in a pan.
5. Add the ground coriander, ground black pepper, turmeric and garam masala and stir fry for about 1-minute over a low heat.
6. Turn up the heat, add the onion and chilli paste and stir fry for 10-minutes.
7. Add the chicken and the marinade and continue to stir fry for another 10-minutes.
8. Add the creamed coconut and enough water to *just* cover the chicken and bring to the boil, stirring until the coconut is dissolved. Stir in the ground almonds.
9. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is tender (30-40 minutes).
10. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix well.
Boil some basmati rice with a cinnamon stick and saffron, drain and serve.