• 1 lb Chicken fillets cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) cubes
• 1 small onion finely chopped
• 1 levelled teaspoon chilli powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
• 1 clove garlic crushed
• 1 levelled teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon garam Masalah
• 1 heaped teaspoon coriander powder
• 6 tablespoon oil
, ghee or melted butter
• 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a cooking pan and fry the chopped onion, browning it a little.
- Add chilli powder, ginger powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and fry the spices for two minutes.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and keep stirring it for ten minutes or until the butter leaves the spices.
- Now add the chicken cubes and stir them in the masalah to get the chicken pieces nicely coated.
- Add 1/2 a cup of water and leave the chicken to cook on a low heat for fifteen minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir the chicken and cook for further ten minutes.
- When butter starts to come out, add 1/4 cup of water, sprinkle garam masalah and thinly chopped coriander leaves and cover the pan for five to six minutes.