This Chicken Sajji Recipe in Oven is a brand new recipe just for you. Traditionally, sajji is cooked with stuffed mutton with rice on slow heat, but in urban areas, sajji is prepared with Chicken. Sajji is cooked on charcoal but due to limited space, some people cannot cook on coal, so that is why we are going to share chicken sajji recipe in oven.
Chicken Sajji Recipe in Oven
- Whole chicken with skin on – 1 (1 1/2 kg)
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Softened butter – 1 tbsp
Ingredients for sajji masala:
- Amchor powder – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
- Black salt – 1/2 tsp
- Green cardamoms – 4
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry.
- Then prick chicken with fork and apply vinegar, lemon juice, salt, garlic paste and oil.
- Leave for overnight or 6 to 7 hours.
- Then cover with foil and put it in preheated oven on 180C for 1 to 1 1/2 hour.
- Then remove foil, and apply butter and sprinkle sajji masala.
- Put it back in the oven for about 7 to 8 minutes to give colour and to make it crispy.
- Serve this yummy Chicken sajji with pulao, fries or any kind of chutney.