Chicken Salad Wraps
Guaranteed crowd-pleasers, these wraps are perfect for leftover grilled chicken. The distinctive salty flavor from the fish sauce is balanced by fresh mint and lemon juice.
• 1/2 cup(s) lemon juice
• 1/3 cup(s) fish sauce, (see Ingredient note)
• 1/4 cup(s) sugar
• 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
• 8 6-inch flour tortillas
• 4 cup(s) shredded romaine lettuce
• 3 cup(s) shredded cooked chicken (12 ounces)
• 1 large ripe tomato, cut into thin wedges
• 1 cup(s) grated carrots (2 medium)
• 2/3 cup(s) chopped scallions (1 bunch)
• 2/3 cup(s) slivered fresh mint
1. Whisk lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened and heated through. Keep warm.
3. Combine lettuce, chicken, tomato, carrots, scallions and mint in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
4. Set out the chicken mixture, tortillas and the remaining dressing for diners to assemble wraps at the table. Serve immediately.