Chicken tikka masala recipe can be made with fish, paneer or lamb instead of chicken. Chicken tikka masala is a dish of baked or BBQ pieces of chicken, marinated in spices and yogurt. But this chicken tikka masala is a little bit different, because it has gravy and vegetables so you can serve with tandoori naan or boiled rice.
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Ingredients for marination of chicken:
- Chicken – 1 kg/divide into 16 pieces
- Yogurt – 4 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Fried crushed cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Make deep cuts on chicken pieces, then mix all above ingredients and apply on chicken, leave
- for 2 hours.
- Then skew on skewers and BBQ or baked in oven, then give smoke of charcoal.
Ingredients for masala:
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Ginger – 2 tbsp chopped
- Garlic – 1 tbsp chopped
- Tomato – 2 blended
- Dry fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red crushed chili – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fried and crushed dry coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander – 1 tbsp chopped
- Green chilies – 3 chopped
- Tomato – 1 cut in julienne
- Onion – 1 cut in julienne
- Capsicum – 1 cut in julienne
- Take a pan, heat up oil and fry ginger garlic for 1 second.
- Then add chopped onion and fry until onion turn light brown.
- Then add blended tomato, salt, red crushed chili, garam masala and dry coriander, fry well.
- Now add green chili, fresh coriander and dry fenugreek leaves, mix and add BBQ or baked
- chicken. Mix and cook on dum for 5 minutes.
- Then add julienne cut vegetables and stir fry on high flame for 10 seconds and serve.