Chicken Tikka Pizza Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka
- 1 kg chicken
- 3 tblsn cumin powder
- 2 tblsn low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tblsn green chillies, chopped
- 1 tblsn ginger-garlic paste
- 1 lime (chopped)
- Table salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded mozzarella
Method for The Tikka
- Cut the chicken and make deep cuts on the pieces
- Mix all the ingredients
- Marinate the chicken for a minimum of 2 hours
- Grill or back in oven until done
Ingredients for Pizza Base
- 0.5oz (15 gm ) fresh yeast
- ½ tsp organic sugar
- 1 pint (285 ml) warm water
- 8 oz (240 gm) plain organic flour
- 1 tsp table salt
- 2 tsp organic olive oil
Method for The Pizza Base
- Cream the yeast with sugar and five tablespoons of the water.
- Put in a warm place until the yeast begins to work (about 10 minutes).
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the yeast mix, the remaining water and the oil.
- Mix this into stiff dough and knead on a floured board until it is stretchy and elastic.
- Put in a warm bowl and cover with a clean cloth.
- Leave the dough to rise until it doubles in size (about 45 minutes) in a warm place.
- Turn the dough onto the board again and knead for 4 more minutes.
- Roll out into a large round or as many smaller rounds as you want.
Spread the chicken tikka topping and garnish it with the quantity of cheese you like!
Bake at 180 degrees centigrade on a greased baking tray for about half an hour or until topping is browned and pastry base crisp.