Valentines day is almost around the corner and you are confused with the question: ‘what should I buy for my loved ones?’ I would say chocolate covered strawberries is one of the best personalised gift, you can make it with different variations with different kinds of berries that you like.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Dark chocolate
- White chocolate
- Chopped nuts
- Shortening or butter
- polystyrene foam block or waxed paper
- Pick some nice strawberries with green stems, wash them well and pat dry.
- Then insert a toothpick in every single strawberry from the stem, it will give good grip to strawberry then you can drizzle white chocolate on it.
- Melt the dark chocolate and white chocolate on 2 separate double boilers with 1 tsp shortening or butter.
- When chocolates are melted and smooth, take it of off the flame.
- Then dip each strawberry holding by the toothpick and dip in melted dark chocolate and insert in polystyrene foam block or place on waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Then put them in the refrigerator for 20 minutes until they are completely cool.
- Then drizzle white chocolate on strawberries according to your choice.
- You can roll in chopped nut after dipping in dark chocolate for different variation.