1 cup each: sugar, milk, whipping cream, unsweetened grated coconut
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 tablespoons sliced pistachios or almonds
1. Heat sugar, milk, cream and coconut to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Reduce heat to simmer.
3. Cook until mixture becomes very thick and starts to leave the side of the pan, about 50 minutes.
4. Transfer mixture to a buttered 8-inch square baking dish/tray.
5. Sprinkle with cardamom powder and nuts.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 8 hours.
7. Cut into 1 inch diamonds or squares.
This fudge/burfi has to be refrigerated or else it becomes very soft.