Cucumber raita recipe is a delicious variety of raita, which is a yogurt dish that is easy to make. It basically consists of whipped yogurt with whole milk or half-skimmed milk. If you use whole milk yogurt, you can add water to thin it. You can enrich the taste of raita with whatever ingredients you like: cucumbers, potatoes, tomatoes or onions is the most common, but there are many more varieites. Since raita is really refreshing, some people like to take it late at night during winter.
Cucumber Raita Recipe
- Yogurt – 250 ml
- Peeled and finely chopped cucumber – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Paprika powder – 1 pinch
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tsp
- Whip the yogurt. Add a little bit of water if you want.
- Then add cucumber, salt, black pepper, cumin powder and sugar, mix well.
- Put in bowl and sprinkle with paprika powder and coriander leaves.