Sometimes we like to taste something traditional and spicy, pakladies.com shared so many gosht recipes with vegetables, why not try this Delhi style aloo gosht and enjoy with naan.
Delhi Style Aloo Gosht
- Mutton – 1/2 kg
- Oil – ½ cup
- Potatoes – 2 (peeled and cut in big pieces)
- Onion – 1 big
- Green cardamom – 2
- Big cardamom – 1
- Cinnamon stick – 2
- Cloves – 4 to 6
- Black pepper – 6
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fried crushed cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt whipped – 1 cup
- Nutmeg powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mace powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger julienne 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp
- Green chilies – 2
- Heat up oil in a pan, add sliced onion and fry till golden brown, then take out fried onion.
- Add potato in same oil and fry until light golden, take it out from the pan and set aside.
- Now add whole garam masala, ginger garlic paste along with 2 tbsp of water, then add mutton and fry well about 10 minutes.
- Then add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin seeds and coriander powder along with 1 tbsp of water, fry well about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, cover and cook until mutton is half tender.
- Then add fried potato, yogurt and fried onion, mix, cover and let it cook until potatoes are tender along with some water.
- Then add nutmeg powder, mace powder, green chili chopped, garam masala powder and fresh coriander, cover and cook on dum for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with ginger flakes and serve.