Easy Chicken Yakitori Recipe. Yakitori, grilled chicken, is commonly a Japanese type of skewered chicken. The term “Yakitori” can also refer to skewered food in general. The average yakitori is made from several bite-sized pieces of chicken meat, or chicken offal, skewered on a bamboo skewer and grilled, usually over charcoal.
Easy Chicken Yakitori Recipe
- Chicken boneless cubed – ½ kg
- Soya sauce – ½ cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Spring onions – 2 sliced
- Garlic – 1 clove minced
- Ground ginger – 1 tsp
- Greens of 3 spring onions, sliced
- Take a bowl; add Soya sauce, oil, lemon juice, sesame seeds, sugar, spring onions, garlic and ginger.
- Thread chicken on skewers and if you are using wooden skewers, soak in water for an hour first.
- Then skew chicken cubes on skewers.
- Then put skewers in a flat box and pour entire marinade over and let marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Grill or BBQ marinated skewers for 10 to 15 minutes turning them occasionally.