Most people do not learn how to properly iron their clothes until they are well past college. Poor ironing procedure leads to damaged clothing. Ironing tips are there for a reason – to provide you with the ironing help you need for perfect garments every time. Try a few of these next time you get ready to iron.
A few important ironing tips:
• Use rainwater or distilled water in your iron’s water reservoir as an ironing help tip to give your clothes a nicer feel.
• If you are going to wear a sweater, you can get away with only ironing the collar.
• Hang your shirts up promptly on a hanger after ironing to keep from wrinkling the shirt. Be sure to button the top and center buttons.
• You can cut your ironing time in half if you choose to cover your board with aluminum foil. It reflects the heat the iron produces, helping to heat the fibers of the garment on both sides.
• If you are working with a garment that is extra thick, iron the inside of the garment. Then work on the outside.
• If you are ironing corduroy, steam the material first. It will help to work out the wrinkles.
• Always properly maintain your iron according to the directions in your owner’s manual. This will prevent you from damaging your garments. It may also help your ironing to look as neatly as you want it to.
• Be sure to read the instruction labels on each article of clothing you plan to iron. Ignoring the warnings printed there can be a disastrous experience.
• It is essential that you pay attention to what you are doing at all times. Forgetting about the task at hand can seriously damage your garments.
Taking out that old steam iron does not have to be a frightening experience.
If you follow some of the ironing tips available, you should be able to make your wardrobe wrinkle-free in just a short time. Moreover, by using these ironing tips, you’ll develop the confidence in your ironing and the ability to save money by not lugging all your shirts and other garments to the dry cleaner!