Fig walnut ice cream, sounds unusual but when you taste it you will find this ice cream is rich, smooth, and creamy, with the addition of figs pieces walnuts and coco powder.
Fig Walnut Ice Cream
- Gelatin – 1 tbsp dissolves in 1/4 cup milk
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp heaped dissolves in 1/4 cup milk
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 1/2 litre or 6 cups
- Coco powder – 1 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Evaporated milk – 1/2 cup
- Figs – 15 soaked and chopped
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Whipped cream – 1 1/2 packet
- Chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup
- Take a pan, add milk, sugar and put on flame, bring to oil.
- Then add corn flour mixture, gelatin mixture and coco powder or 1/4 cup ch0colate syrup.
- Cook until turns into a little bit thick custard.
- Turn off the flame.
- In a blender add 1 cup milk, chopped figs, egg, evaporated milk and vanilla essence, blend and add in cooked custard gradually, keep stirring.
- Then let it cool down completely.
- Now add whipped cream and chopped walnuts.
- Pour in air tight container and freeze.
- Serve when it’s done.