Foot Massage During Pregnancy
Foot Massage During Pregnancy. By practicing proper foot massage, one can combat some discomforts of pregnancy such as constipation and back pain. With the help of a specialist in foot reflexology, after a few sessions, the mother begins to feel much better.
Foot Massage During Pregnancy
- If you choose this option (mention this to your gynecologist before), first you must go to a specialised center, for a professional massage therapist, but over time you learn the technique and give it to yourself or ask your partner.
- The basis of reflexology is that almost all areas of the body are reflected on the soles of the feet. For this reason, if you have a problem in any organ or gland malfunction it’s evident in the feet, and the particular point in the affected area that is reflected much more sensitive to pressure, so the therapist can locate it at once.
Improves circulation and nerve control
- Thus, massaging and pressing the points that have some alteration, releases the tension and stimulates blood supply to the organs of the body that are affected, alleviating the condition.
- Reflexology has been practised since ancient times, but only began to be applied as therapy in the twentieth century, driven by therapists, W. Fitzgerald and E. Ingham.
- It’s great to eliminate toxins, improve circulation, regulate the nervous system and resolve other specific ailments such as constipation and sciatica.
- It is especially useful in preterm labour and those in which the contractions are very weak. In this case, it is advisable to massage the back of the ankle or both sides of the Achilles tendon.
- When delivery is delayed, reflexology can avoid having to artificially induce.
- On the contrary, it’s discouraged in the early months of pregnancy, risk pregnancies, when the patient has local disorders of the feet (varicose veins, phlebitis …) and in case of an infectious disease with fever, and in the ailments requiring urgent surgical treatment.
- Keep in mind that the first treatment sessions are not pleasant, as the arches of the foot are connected with the central nervous system, is that at first appear normal reactions such as sweating, tearing, or increased diuresis (urine output) and defecation, as well as pain.
- But these discomforts are disappearing day by day, while the disease also improves gradually.
No technical book, but with love
- Another very positive aspect of the foot massages do not have to be a reflex to exert a beneficial effect on the body.
- For example, if during these months will cost you sleep, your partner may practise this simple massage before bed: lie on your back with your feet on a pillow and and bend it 10 to 15 times, up and down, using both hands.
- Then you do the same with the other foot. And then do the same with the pressure in your ankles and Achilles with thumbs.
- It is important late in pregnancy does not pass the ankle, because this movement could be delivered early.
- To end the session should work arch with firm strokes to cover the whole area. So get a pleasant relaxation that encourages you to sleep, which positively affects both your child as you.