Garlic aioli recipe olive oil is a Mediterranean sauce made of garlic and olive oil. It is particularly associated with the cuisines of the Mediterranean coasts of Spain. French-Provençal versions of the sauce are typically closer to a garlic mayonnaise incorporating also egg yolks, and lemon juice, whereas the Spanish versions is without egg and has considerably more garlic.
Garlic Aioli Recipe Olive Oil
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Olive oil – 150 ml
- Salt – to taste
- Peel the garlic, cut in half, put them in a mortar with a little salt and grind to a fine paste.
- Add the oil, drop by drop, and stir continuously in a circular motion, always in the same direction, until thick and compact sauce.
- At first, add the oil drop by drop, until it begins to take body.
- Then add a little faster, but in wires, to drain the oil.
- Serve with grilled salmon or on top of roasted potatoes.