Grilled Chicken and Red Onion Quesadilla
Quesadilla is a tortilla filled with a savoury mixture containing cheese, vegetables, chicken and beef mince, and then folded in half to form a half-moon shape. Quesadilla originated in Mexico, and the name is derived from tortilla and the Spanish word for cheese queso.
- Boneless chicken – ½ kg cut in julienne
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- Marinade chicken with oregano, salt, lemon juice and garlic, leave for ½ an hour.
- Then grill or cook in grilled pan.
Ingredients for filling:
- Chopped jalapenos – 5
- Green chilies – 3 chopped
- Grilled red onion – 3
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp chopped
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Grated mozzarella cheese – as required
- Tortillas – as required
- Mix jalapenos, green chilies, fresh coriander, grilled onion, black pepper and salt, mash them a little bit in a pestle.
- Now place the tortillas on a lightly-oiled pan, cook one side of tortilla then turn around and spread, some cheese, the chicken mixture, then red onion mixture, then top again with the grated cheese on one half of each tortilla..
- Fold the other half of the tortillas over the filling.
- Cook from both sides. Serve with sour cream, Mexican salsa and green salad.