Originally, gulab jamun is made with khoya, but in foreign countries khoya is not available easily. So we tried to substitute that khoya with different kind of ingredients. Milk powder is one of them. Try this gulab jamun recipe with milk powder, especially for those who don’t like to have egg in gulab jamun.
Gulab Jamun Recipe with Milk Powder
- Dry Milk Powder – 1cup
- Flour – 4 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt – 4 tbsp
- Melted ghee or butter – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for Deep Frying
- Take a bowl, add milk powder, flour baking soda, yogurt and ghee or butter, knead the mixture into a dough.
- Then leave for 15 minutes.
- Then Make small balls of the dough.
- Now heat up oil in a wok and deep fry on very low heat until golden brown. (Very Low Heat please).
- Once the balls have turned brown then transfer them in the sugar syrup.
- After an hour take it out from the syrup, garnish with chopped pictachio and silver papper.
Ingredients for sugar syrup:
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Kewra water – 1 tbsp
- Take a pan and add water and sugar.
- Bring the water to boil until sugar dissolves.
- Take it of off the flame and add fried Gulab Jamun.