Gur walay chawal means rice cooked in jaggery, if you never tried sweet rice cooked in gurr then you should try this easy gur walay chawal recipe method. The cooking method is exactly like Zarda rice or zarda chawal which is a very famous sweet dish in India and Pakistan.
Gur Walay Chawal Recipe
- Boiled Rice – 1/2 kg
- Gur – 1/2 kg
- Water – 1 1/4 cup
- Green cardamoms – 6 to 8 crushed
- Big cardamoms – 1 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Coconut – 1 tbsp sliced
- Take a pan and add water, milk, gur and green cardamom and let it cook (remove the scum from syrup during cooking).
- In separate pan, heat up ghee and add black cardamom and add cooked syrup.
- Then add boiled rice and mix well.
- Cook on high flame along with sliced coconut.
- Then cook on low heat for 25 to 30 minutes.