Hair Care Tips With Mehndi by Shahnaz Hussain in English / Urdu | Pak Ladies
Hair Care Tips With Mehndi by Shahnaz Hussain in English / Urdu
Hair Care Tips by Shahnaz Hussain
Home Hair Cleanser:
- Take a handful each of dried reetha, amla and shikakai.
- Soak them in one litre water overnight.
- Next day, simmer the herbs on a low fire till the water reduces by half.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then strain it with a clean cloth.
- Use the liquid to wash hair. This quantity should be enough for four to five washes. Refrigerate it, make small quantities at a time.
- Once or twice a week, heat pure coconut oil and apply it on the scalp and hair.
- Then dip a towel in hot water, squeeze out the water and wrap the towel around your head like a turban.
- Keep it on for five minutes.
- Repeat the hot towel wrap three or four times. This helps the hair and the scalp absorb the oil better.
- Use a mild herbal shampoo.
- After each shampoo, apply a conditioner, massaging it lightly into the hair.
- Leave it on for two minutes before washing it off with water.
- You can have henna treatment thrice a month, adding four teaspoons each of lemon juice and coffee, two raw eggs, two teaspoons of oil and enough curd to the henna powder.
- It will make your hair look healthy and lustrous.
Oily Hair, Hair Loss, Grey Hair:
- Amla is said to check greying.
- Have the juice of one raw amla after adding it to a glass of water.
- Also try adding amla to the henna powder.
- Henna turns white hair reddish brown.
- It will not colour dark hair.
- Soak a handful of dry amla in about two cups of water overnight.
- Next morning, strain the water, but do not throw the water away.
- Grind the amla, to the henna powder, add the ground amla, four teaspoons each of lemon juice and coffee, two raw eggs and enough amla water, so that the henna can be mixed into a thick paste.
- Apply it on the hair, covering the entire head.
- Keep it on for two hours and wash it off with water.
- It will also add shine and substance to the hair.
- Ask your doctor to prescribe Vitamins B-Complex and C.