Yummy and spicy highway karahi is usually available on highways during travel. But now you can make it at home with Shireen Anwer’s easy recipe.
Highway Karahi by Shireen Anwer
- Mutton – 1/2 kg boiled
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 4 sliced
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Crushed red pepper – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper – 1 tsp
- Cumin roasted and crushed – 1 tsp
- Fried crushed coriander – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Cream – 3 tbsp
- Ginger sliced – 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp
- Green chilies – 4
- Take a wok, add ghee, put ginger garlic paste and sliced tomatoes, cover it and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Then put boiled mutton, salt, crushed red pepper, crushed black pepper, chili powder, roasted & crushed cumin and coriander, cover it and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until everything is mixed well.
- Then put yogurt, mix and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add cream, ginger sliced, chopped green chili and chopped fresh coriander, fry for 1 minute.
- Now take of off the flame, dish out and garnish with ginger flakes and green chili and fresh coriander.
- Serve with naan or chappaties.