The discomfort of psoriasis can increase or decrease; and many options to treat include natural ingredients, that you can find in your kitchen. Just you need to measure a little, mix and apply, that’s it, then you will feel better. Try the following home treatments for psoriasis when you need it.
Home Treatments for Psoriasis:
- Apply aloe vera gel for lesions may help. 83 percent of patients with psoriasis applied aloe-vera cream three times a day for four weeks improved observed.
- Using pure aloe vera gel instead of a cream containing aloe vera other ingredients is recommended.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Apple cider vinegar has a long history of being used to soothe minor burns and other skin inflammations.
- Apple cider vinegar diluted in water can be used to help temporarily relieve itching and flaking, if you suffer from nail-psorisis just pour some into a bowl or cup and dip nails for few minutes.
- Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar can also be diluted in three to four times more warm water, and pour it over your head, rub for one minute, and then rins.
- Or you can add 1/2 cup cider vinegar in a tub of bath water to help restore the acidity of the skin.
- Make a paste of banana peels in a blender, then add coal tar, mix and apply on affected areas and rub lightly. Banana peel is a key ingredient in Exorex.
- This is a lotion containing coal tar and essential fatty acid of the banana peel which is associated with the immune system.
- Reportedly, the idea derived from folklore Zulu where banana peels have been used for a variety of skin diseases for years.
- Castor oil is particularly useful when left overnight in thick, small well-circumscribed lesions.
- If castor oil is cold pressed mixture with sodium bicarbonate has been found that greatly improves thick skin, flaky skin of the heel while the skin is not broken.
- Cayenne pepper has anti-inflammatory properties and helps healing.
- Two clinical trials reviewed in November 1998 in the Archives of Dermatology reported that
0.025 percent capsaicin cream, made from hot peppers, works to reduce redness and scaling in psoriasis.
- Capsaicin cream is available over the counter as Capzasin-P or Zostrix. It should be used for a period of six weeks.
- Care should be taken not to apply to broken skin.
- Flaxseed oil is chemically similar to fish oil and helps treat psoriasis.
- Add flaxseed oil for salad dressing is a good way to get this useful supplement to
- Take 1%, 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil daily.
- Flaxseed oil, applied to the affected areas twice daily, is said to help cure psoriasis.
- Garlic, detoxifies and includes a number of compounds containing sulfur.
- Sulphur deficiency may contribute to psoriasis.
- Gotu Kola Extract reduces inflammation and speeds healing of the skin.
- In India, it has been used for hundreds of years for psoriasis. 200 mg taken three times a day for a month.
- Licorice extract liquid, applied directly to the affected areas with a cotton ball, it is felt by some naturopaths to work and corticosteroid creams.
Neem Seed Oil:
- Neem Seed Oil, Ayurvedic herbal remedy, it is highly recommended by some people who suffer from psoriasis.
- It was introduced to the United States in 1994 from India and Pakistan.
- Neem lotions are usually found in the markets of Eastern India.
- To calm the itching of the scaly patches, mix 1 1/2 cups of baking sodium in 3 gallons of water.
- Apply the patches that itch with a cloth soaked in the solution.