How to Make Homemade Tacos Shells
Taco shells are so easy to make. There is no reason to go out for them. Learn how to make tacos shells at home. They taste so much better when you don’t use premixes. Serve with beef, chicken, salad and desired toppings.
- Plain flour – 1 cup
- Corn meal – ½ cup
- Ground corn – ½ cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Egg – 1
- Take a bowl, add above ingredients and make little bit hard dough with water.
- Leave for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then divide into 5 to 6 portions.
- Then roll them like chapattis and cook on skillet for 1 minute.
- Then in a wok, heat a few cm of oil over medium to medium-high heat.
- Use tongs to place one taco at a time into the oil.
- It should start to sizzle right away.
- Cook for about 15 seconds, then flip over and fold the shell in half, holding in place with the tongs until crispy, about 15 seconds.
- You may need a little practice at first.
- Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle some salt while still hot.