How to Cook Khichda without pressure cooker in English and Urdu Recipe…
How to Cook Khichda
- Mutton – 1 kg
- Split orange lentil – ¼ cup
- Gram lentil – ¼ cup
- Mung beans – ¼ cup
- Arhar dal – ¼ cup
- Urad dal – ¼ cup
- Rice – ¼ cup
- Wheat – ½ kg
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Fried crushed cumin seeds – 1tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Green chilli paste – 1 tsp or 6 small chillies
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Tomato – 2 blended
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Fried onion – 1 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Mix all lentils and rice, soak overnight then next day wash and add ½ tsp turmeric powder and boil until done, then blend.
- Wash wheat, soak overnight and next day boil with ½ tsp turmeric powder till done. Then blend coarsely.
- Take pan, add 1 cup of oil and fry onion until golden brown, take out of the oil, keep aside 2 tbsp onion for garnishing.
- Then in same oil, add ginger garlic paste, fry a bit then add a little bit of water to prevent burning.
- Then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and turmeric powder, salt, fried onion, blended tomato, mix well and fry well.
- Then add mutton and fry well along with green chilli paste.
- Then add yogurt, cover and cook until water dries.
- After 10 minutes, fry well and add 1 cup of water, cover and cook until mutton is done.
- Then add mashed wheat and lentil mixture.
- Let it cook on very low heat for 5 minutes.
- Then pour 2 tbsp hot oil or ghee.
- Garnish with fried onion, ginger flakes, green chilli, mint, fresh coriander, lemon and garam masala powder.