How to Cook Saudi Kabsa, complete recipe of Saudi rice with sauce and spices in Urdu and English method.
How to Cook Saudi Kabsa
Ingredients for Lamb:
- Mutton or lamb – ½ kg
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Green cardamoms – 5
- Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Water – 5 cups
- Kabsa spice mix – 2 tsp
- Take a pan, add 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp oil and fry mutton until brown.
- Also add green cardamom, salt, cinnamon sticks and ginger garlic paste while frying.
- Then add 5 glasses of water; cover and cook until mutton or lamb done.
- Then remove from heat and separate the mutton and stock.
- Now in clean pan, add 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp oil and fry mutton for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add kabsa spice mix and mutton is done.
Ingredients for rice:
- Rice – ½ kg
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Thinly chopped onion – 1
- Carrots – 2 cut in cubes
- Capsicum – 1 chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Fried cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Crushed coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 4 blended
- Kabsa spice mix – 1 tsp
- Mutton stock – as required
- In a pan, add butter and oil, heat it up and sauté onion, then add carrots, salt, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper, fry for 1 minute.
- Then add washed and drained rice and blended tomato mix well.
- Now add stock according to rice and kabsa spice mix, cover and cook until water dries.
- Then add capsicum and put on dum for 10 minutes.
- Then serve with mutton, kabsa sauce and garnish with nuts topping.
Nuts for Toppings:
- Pine nuts – ½ cup
- Chana dal – 2 tbsp (boiled)
- Raisins – 2 tbsp (soaked in water for ½ an hour)
- Butter – 1 tbsp
In a pan, fry pine nuts, boiled chana dal and raisins in butter until light golden.
Kabsa Spice Mix Recipe
- Ground saffron – ½ tsp
- Green cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ground coriander seed – ½ tsp
- White pepper – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger powder – ½ tsp
Mix all spices and use in kabsa dish
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chopped onion – 3 tbsp
- Peeled tomato – 1 can or 4 peeled fresh tomato
- Tomato paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Black pepper – ½ tsp
- Take a pan, add butter, oil and sauté onion.
- Then add peeled tomato, tomato paste, salt, black pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then serve with kabsa rice.