Alsi Ki Pinniyan recipe. The flax seeds carries one of the biggest nutrient payloads on the planet. And while it’s not technically a grain, it has a similar vitamin and mineral profile to grains, while the amount of fiber, antioxidants, and Omega-3 fatty acids in flax leaves grains in the dust. Flax seeds fight cholesterol, Diabetes, Cancer, Constipation, Inflammation, Menopausal Symptoms, Heart Disease and Immune System. Traditionally, people make Alsi ki Pinniyan (flax seeds) sweet during the winter and that is eaten during winter to ward off the cold.
Alsi Ki Pinniyan
- Wheat flour – ½ kg (fry in dry pan until half done)
- Alsi (flax seeds) – ½ kg (fry and coarsely ground)
- Ghee – 375g
- Sugar – 375g
- Gum – 100g (fry in ghee and grind)
- Roughly chopped almonds – 100g
- Roughly chopped pistachio – 100g
- Melon seeds – 100g
- Green cardamom – 10
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Take a pan, add sugar and water, and cook its consistency is two strings.
- Put ghee in another pan, add green cardamoms, alsi (flax seeds)and wheat flour, and fry until you can smell the aroma.
- Then add dry fruits, sugar syrup and gum.
- Mix well and make balls.
Tip: if the dough becomes hard after pouring the syrup, you can use milk to soften it.