How to Make Bagara Baingan: English – Urdu Recipe |
- Small size baingan – 1 kg make cross cuts
- Tamarind pulp – 1 cup
- German green chillies – 8 make slit
- Green chillies – 6
- Mustard oil – 1 cup
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Onion – 1 (boil and make paste)
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 12
- Onion seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
- Take a wok, add oil and fry garlic cloves until it turns brown, then take out the garlic from oil and add both kinds of green chilies and baingan, fry until half is done.
- Then remove baingan and chilies from oil.
- Now in same oil, add curry leaves, onion seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds, fry for 1 sec, then add onion paste and garlic paste, fry for 2 seconds.
- Then add Bhagara baingan masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt, fry well along with some water.
- Then add fried baingan and chilies, cook for 5 minutes or until baingan are fully done.
- Then add tamarind pulp, mix well and put on dum for 5 minutes.
- Serve with zeera rice or chapattis.
Bhagara Baingan Masala
- Poppy seeds – 3 tbsp
- Desiccated coconut – 3 tbsp
- White sesame seeds – 3 tbsp
- Peanuts – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry coriander – 1 tbsp
- Fry all above ingredients and grind.
- If you would like extra for storage, make double quantity and keep refrigerated.