You have probably already tried Mutton Yakhni Pulao and it’s a time taking method; you need to wait until mutton is tender, but for the quick and tasty yakhni pulao, it can be prepared with chicken. Today let’s try chicken yakhni pulao and enjoy your meal with family.
Chicken Yakhni Pulao
- Fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
- Dry coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- Whole garlic – 1
- Onion – 1 whole
- Chicken – 1/2 kg
- Onion – 2 sliced
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Potato – 3 cut in lenth wise
- Green chili – 4 to 5
- Tomato – 2 chopped
- Yogurt – 250 gm
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Rice – 375 gm
- Whole garam masala – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Make a packet of fennel seeds and dry coriander seeds with muslin cloth.
- Now take a pan, add 4 glasses of water, 1 tbsp whole garam masala, whole garlic, spice packet, whole onion and salt, cook well.
- Then add chicken and cook for 5 minutes and take of off the flame.
- Now in a separate pan, add oil and onions and fry until golden brown, then take it out 3/4 onion and add ginger garlic paste, fry with 1 tbsp of whole garam masala.
- Then add potatoes and fry well.
- Then add yogurt and fry well.
- Then add chicken and garam masala powder, fry well. Then add whole green chilies, fry for 1 minute, and add 2 chopped tomatoes, salt and stock.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, then add rice and cook until water dries.
- Now spread fried onion on top and put on dum.
- Serve with salad and raita.