Ras Malai is a sweet dessert originating in Pakistan and is popular throughout the Indian subcontinent. Homemade Ras Malai is usually made up of powdered milk, all-purpose flour, baking powder and oil; kneaded to form a dough, molded into balls and dropped into simmering milk with cream. Here is a recipe to make delicious and easy ras malai.
Delicious and Easy Ras Malai
Ingredients for dough:
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Flour – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Egg – 1 ½
Make soft dough with milk powder, oil, baking powder, flour and lightly beaten egg. Make small balls and flatten them.
Ingredients for Milk:
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 litre
- Khoya or mava – 125gm
- Green cardamom – 2
- Pistachio, almond – as required
- In a pan, boil milk with sugar and green cardamom.
- When sugar dissolves, add khoya, mix well.
- Then dry milk balls and cook on low heat until size doubles.
- When done, let it cool.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio and almond.
- Serve this yummy and easy ras malai on Eid Day.