Cottage cheese is made from milks with different fat levels and in small-curd or large-curd preparations. Cottage cheese can be eaten by itself, with fruit and sugar, with salt and pepper, with fruit puree, on toast and with tomatoes. You can make different variations of Cottage cheese, adding black pepper, fried crushed cumin seeds, crushed garlic or chopped parsley.
Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese
- Fresh milk – 2 kg
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 1/2 kg (mix salt)
- Take a large sauce pan, add milk and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- When it comes to a boil, add yogurt and stir until milk separates completely into curds.
- Then take it off of the flame and strain with the help of cheese cloth or muslin cloth.
- Then wrap the cloth and place a plate on it.
- To press it into a solid cheese, put weight in the middle of a plate then liquid will be squeezed out. Cottage cheese is ready.