Gajar Ka Halwa is a popular worldwide dessert, Gajar ka halwa also known as gajrela and carrot halwa. It is often served with a garnish of almonds and pistachios. The nuts and other items used are first sautéed in ghee, a South Asian clarified butter. The Halwa is served hot during the winter.
Gajar Ka Halwa
- Carrots – ½ kg shredded
- Ghee – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – 375gm
- Green cardamoms – 1 tsp
- Saffron – 1 pinch
- Almond and pistachio – as required
- Khoya – ½ cup
- Take a wok, heat up ghee and cook carrots on little bit high flame, when carrots soften.
- Then add sugar and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Now add green cardamoms and saffron, mix and cook until sugar water dries.
- Then fry well. Add khoya and half chopped nuts.
- Take off the flame.
- Dish out with nuts and khoya garnishing.