Learn how to make garlic naan with easy recipe. Garlic naan is a type of Indian and Pakistani flat bread and in Restaurants dishes are usually accompanied by freshly made naan. Garlic naan recipe – Combine the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl and make dough.
How to Make Garlic Naan
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Plain flour – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
- Warm milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Yeast – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 4 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil or ghee – 2 tbsp
- Garlic chopped – as required
- Chopped fresh coriander – as required
- Butter – as required
- Sift the flour, baking powder, soda, yeast and salt together into a bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Mix the milk, sugar and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a bowl.
- Pour this mixture into the centre of the flour and knead.
- Adding more water if necessary to form soft dough.
- Then cover with a damp cloth and leave until it doubles in size.
- Divide the dough into medium size balls and let them rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Shape each ball of dough with the palms to make an oval shape.
- Apply garlic and coriander.
- Bake the naan in preheated oven until puffed up and golden brown.
- Then apply butter with brush and serve.