How to Make Greek Salad Recipe |
How to Make Greek Salad Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50 ml olive oil
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 2 nil salt
- milled black pepper
- feta cheese
- half a small lettuce, coarsely shredded
- 12—18 stoned black olives, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 112 cucumber (or 114 English cucumber)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into rings
- pinch sugar
- croutons (optional)
- Crush garlic directly into wooden salad bowl. Add oil.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add as much crumbled feta as you like, cover and stand for an hour or so.
- Just before serving add lettuce, olives, tomato, and pared, seeded and diced cucumber.
- Slice green pepper into thin strips and discard seeds.
- Place in a bowl with onion and sugar, cover with boiling water and stand for a few minutes.
- Drain, add to salad and toss well.
- Add croutons at this stage if desired.