Gujrati Warqi Puri
Really nice and crispy Gujrati warqi puri is completely different from other puries. You can make this and then save it in a box so you can eat it with tea whenever you want.
- Flour – 1/2 kg
- Egg – 1
- Nutmeg powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 250ml or 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Saffron – 1 pinch
- Corn flour – as required
- Ghee – as required
- Oil or ghee – as required
Mix sugar and saffron in milk and warm up until sugar dissolves.
- Mix flour, nutmeg powder, egg, cardamom powder, baking powder and ghee, then add milk mixture and make medium soft dough.
- Leave for half an hour, then divide into 10 portions and make balls.
- Now roll same sizes of 5 chapattis, apply ghee, sprinkle corn flour on every chapatti and make 5 layers.
- Then make a roll all 5 chapattis, like Swiss roll.
- Then cut into thin slices, and roll down these slices and deep fry in oil or ghee on medium low heat until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with tea.