How to Make Haleem: English - Urdu Recipe
How to Make Haleem: English – Urdu Recipe
How to Make Haleem
- Crushed wheat – ½ kg (soaked 1 ½ hour)
- Meat – 1kg (can be beef, lamb or chicken)
- Chana daal – 1 cup (boiled and mashed)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 3 medium (thinly sliced)
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Soda – ¼ tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Ghee or oil – 1 cup
Masala for garnishing:
- Mint – 1 bunch (only leaves thinly chopped)
- Fresh coriander – 1 bunch chopped
- White zeera – 1 tbsp (fried and grinded)
- Green chillies chopped – 6
- Ginger – 2 tbsp thinly slices
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Lemon – 4 cut in 4, 4 pieces
- Onion – 2 thinly slices
- Take pan and put meat, ghee or oil and all the spices and cook on low heat.
- Take another pan and put wheat and boil with lots of water, stir occasionally, when it will begin to form then add soda.
- Cook well until done, then put in meat and cook on low heat.
- When the mixture is cooked well and mixed well, put daal and 2 cups of water and mix them well and put on dum.
- During dum put green masala, ginger flaks and garam masala.
- Take small pan, put oil or ghee and put onion and fry until brown then take it out from oil and spread on newspaper.
- Serve haleem with green masala, lemon slices, and fried onion.