Homemade Ghee from Butter
Today I would like to teach an easy and quick way to make ghee from butter. First of all, homemade ghee is tasty and aromatic in flavour and second of all, we have satisfaction that it’s pure and clean. Also it’s cheaper than the market.
- Unsalted Butter – the same amount you need to make the ghee.
- Flour – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add butter and melt on medium-low heat. Don’t stir in between. When the butter starts to boil, sprinkle a pinch of salt, salt will help to melt ghee faster.
- You can see the white foam on the top. Let it boil, without stirring on low heat.
- Then sprinkle plain flour or chapatti flour, stir gradually.
- Then white foam will settle down at the bottom of the pan and the foamy butter begins to look like clear.
- The white foam will become golden brown in color and you can see the clear ghee with a nice aroma.
- Be careful not to burn it during these final minutes of cooking. Remove the ghee from the heat and let it cool.
- After it cools down, strain the ghee through strainer in an air tight container. Ghee will solidify when cooled, no need to refrigerate.